Every year, thousands of students across Nigeria apply to study at the University of Benin (UNIBEN). To be eligible for admission, these students must sit for the Post UTME screening exercise, which is conducted by the university. If you are planning to apply to UNIBEN in 2023, it is important to know the cut-off mark, closing date, and other important information about the Post UTME screening exercise. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about UNIBEN Post UTME 2023.
The cut-off mark is the minimum score that a candidate must obtain in the Post UTME screening exercise to be considered for admission into the university. The cut-off mark for UNIBEN Post UTME 2023 has been officially announced . The cut-off mark for UNIBEN Post UTME 2023 is 200, which is the general cut-off mark for universities in Nigeria.
To be eligible for the UNIBEN Post UTME 2023 screening exercise, candidates must have scored at least 180 in the 2023 UTME conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Candidates must also have chosen UNIBEN as their first choice institution during the UTME registration process.
The registration procedure for UNIBEN Post UTME 2023 will be announced by the university in due time. However, based on previous years’ procedures, we can expect the registration to be done online through the university’s official website. Candidates will be required to provide their personal details, UTME score, and O’Level results during the registration process. They will also be required to upload a recent passport photograph and a scanned copy of their signature.
Candidates are advised to read the registration guidelines carefully before starting the registration process. They should also ensure that they have a valid email address and phone number as these will be used to communicate important information about the screening exercise.
The closing date for the UNIBEN Post UTME 2023 registration has not been announced yet. However, based on previous years’ schedules, we can expect the registration to start around June or July 2023 and close around August 2023. Candidates are advised to visit the university’s official website regularly for updates on the registration and screening exercise.
The UNIBEN Post UTME 2023 screening exercise will be conducted by the university after the registration process has been completed. The screening exercise will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT) and will consist of questions from the UTME syllabus. Candidates will be required to answer 50 questions in 30 minutes.
Candidates are advised to arrive at the screening venue at least one hour before the scheduled time. They should also come along with their UTME registration slip, Post UTME registration slip, and a valid form of identification (e.g. National ID card, Voter’s card, Passport, or Driver’s license). Candidates who fail to come along with any of these documents will not be allowed to sit for the screening exercise.
Announcement of Results
The results of the UNIBEN Post UTME 2023 screening exercise will be announced by the university on its official website. Candidates will be able to check their results by logging in with their registration number and password. The university will also send the results to the email addresses and phone numbers provided by the candidates during registration.
Candidates who score above the cut-off mark will be eligible for admission into UNIBEN. However, admission will be based on merit and the availability of spaces in the chosen course of study.
Tips for Success in the UNIBEN Post UTME 2023
Here are some tips that can help candidates prepare for and succeed in the UNIBEN Post UTME 2023:
- Start Preparing Early: Candidates should start preparing for the screening exercise as early as possible. They should study the UTME syllabus and revise their notes from secondary school. They can also enroll in a reputable tutorial center or use online resources to prepare for the screening exercise.
- Practice Past Questions: Candidates can obtain past questions and answers from previous years’ screening exercises to help them understand the pattern and types of questions that are likely to be asked in the UNIBEN Post UTME 2023.
- Be Punctual: Candidates should arrive at the screening venue at least one hour before the scheduled time. This will give them enough time to get settled and relaxed before the exercise begins.
- Stay Calm and Focused: During the screening exercise, candidates should stay calm and focused. They should read the questions carefully and answer them to the best of their ability.
- Use Time Wisely: Candidates should use their time wisely during the screening exercise. They should avoid spending too much time on difficult questions and should move on to the next question if they are unsure of the answer.
In conclusion, the UNIBEN Post UTME 2023 screening exercise is an important step for candidates who wish to study at the University of Benin. Candidates should be aware of the cut-off mark, eligibility criteria, registration procedure, closing date, screening exercise, and announcement of results. By following the guidelines and tips provided in this article, candidates can increase their chances of success in the screening exercise and ultimately gain admission into UNIBEN.