The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is one of the foremost institutions in Nigeria. The institution has a reputation for excellence in science, engineering, and technology-related courses. FUTA’s medical program, which is run by the Faculty of Medicine (FESTMED), is one of the most sought-after medical programs in Nigeria. In this article, we will be discussing the FESTMED cut off mark for the 2023/2024 academic session.
FESTMED Cut Off Mark 2023/2024
For the 2023/2024 academic session, FESTMED has released its cut off mark. However, The cut off mark for FESTMED is 120. It is expected that the cut off mark will not be significantly different from the previous years’ cut off marks. In the 2022/2023 academic session, the cut off mark for Medicine and Surgery was 240, while the cut off mark for Anatomy and Physiology was 200.
Factors that Determine FESTMED Cut Off Mark
The following are some of the factors that determine FESTMED’s cut off mark:
- The number of available slots: The number of available slots for admission into FESTMED’s medical program plays a significant role in determining the cut off mark. If the number of available slots is limited, the cut off mark is likely to be high.
- The number of applicants: The number of applicants seeking admission into FESTMED’s medical program is also a factor that determines the cut off mark. If there are many applicants, the cut off mark is likely to be high.
- The difficulty level of the admission examination: The difficulty level of the admission examination is another factor that determines the cut off mark. If the examination is difficult, the cut off mark is likely to be lower.
- Previous year’s cut off marks: FESTMED’s previous year’s cut off marks also play a role in determining the current year’s cut off mark. If the previous year’s cut off mark was high, the current year’s cut off mark is likely to be high as well.
How to Prepare for FESTMED’s Admission Examination
To prepare for FESTMED’s admission examination, candidates are advised to:
- Obtain the recommended textbooks: FESTMED has a list of recommended textbooks for its medical program. Candidates are advised to obtain these textbooks and study them thoroughly.
- Attend tutorial classes: Tutorial classes are an excellent way to prepare for FESTMED’s admission examination. These classes provide candidates with an opportunity to learn from experienced tutors and interact with other candidates.
- Practice past questions: FESTMED’s past questions are an excellent resource for candidates preparing for the admission examination. These questions give candidates an idea of what to expect in the examination.
- Create a study plan: Candidates are advised to create a study plan and stick to it. This plan should include the recommended textbooks, tutorial classes, and past questions.
FESTMED’s medical program is highly competitive, and candidates are required to meet the cut off mark to be considered for admission. Although the cut off mark for the 2023/2024 academic session has not been officially released, candidates are advised to prepare thoroughly for the admission examination. By following the tips outlined in this article, candidates can increase their chances of meeting the cut off mark and gaining admission into FESTMED’s medical program.