Are you looking for the Lund University term dates? Then, this article can help you! We’ll give you important information about the Lund University syllabus, results, and many more.
Lund University Term Dates 2023 2024
The academic year 2022/2023
- Autumn semester 2022: Monday 29 August 2022 – Sunday 15 January 2023
- Spring semester 2023: Monday 16 January 2023 – Sunday 4 June 2023
The academic year 2023/2024
- Autumn semester 2023: Monday 28 August 2023 – Sunday 14 January 2024
- Spring semester 2024: Monday 15 January 2024 – Sunday 2 June 2024
Depending on what weekday the official dates are that year, the length of the semesters may vary slightly from faculty to faculty and year to year.
Therefore, speaking directly with the department(s) in question is advisable to confirm the precise dates.
Programs with different start dates for 2023/2024:
- The School of Economics and Management’s international Bachelor’s and Master’s programs all begin on the Wednesday before the regular autumn semester.
- The Master’s in Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science program begins on the Wednesday before the regular autumn semester.
- The Master’s in Psychology program begins on the Thursday before the regular autumn semester.
- For newly admitted students, the beginning of the Master’s in European Affairs, Welfare Policies and Management, Global Studies, Social Studies of Gender, and Development Studies is on the Friday before the regular autumn semester.
Please be aware that this list of programs may vary, and if you have any concerns about the start date, you should speak with your program coordinator or department.
Arrival Days for international students
- Arrival Day for students starting their studies in autumn 2022 was 15 and 16 August, 2022.
- Arrival Day for students starting their studies in spring 2023 will be 9 January, 2023.
Christmas and Easter holidays
Although there isn’t a formal break for Christmas or Easter in the academic calendar, in practice there is frequently a vacation from courses throughout the Christmas/New Year’s and Easter periods, including the public holiday days.
Please verify with the program or department to clarify when classes and assignments are suspended as each department sets its own specific dates for such a break.
Swedish Public Holidays
- All Saints’ Day (Alla Helgons Dag): 5 November
- Christmas Eve (Julafton): 24 December
- Christmas Day (Juldagen): 25 December
- Boxing Day (Annandagen): 26 December
- New Year’s Eve (Nyårsafton): 31 December
- New Year’s Day (Nyårsdagen): 1 January
- Epiphany (Trettondedag): 6 January
- Good Friday (Långfredagen): 7 April
- Easter Sunday (Påskdagen): 9 April
- Easter Monday (Annandag påsk): 10 April
- Walpurgis Night (Valborgsmässoafton): 30 April – note that this is an evening celebration and does not necessarily mean a whole day of the holiday, please check with your department.
- Labour Day (Första maj): 1 May
- Ascension Day (Kristi himmelsfärds dag): 18 May
- Whit Sunday (Pingstdagen): 28 May
- Sweden’s National Day (Nationaldagen): 6 June
- Midsummer Eve (Midsommarafton): 23 June
- Midsummer Day (Midsommardagen): 24 June
Thank you for reading our article on the archer academy school term dates. We hope this information has helped your schedules ahead of the Lund University program.