Searching for Law In UNIBEN | All Infos?
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) is a prestigious institution of higher learning located in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. The institution is known for its academic excellence, innovative research, and the production of high-quality graduates who are making significant contributions to the development of the country.
The Faculty of Law at UNIBEN is one of the most sought-after faculties in the university. The faculty has a rich history of producing some of the best legal minds in the country, and its graduates are well respected both in Nigeria and abroad. In this article, we will be discussing the cut-off mark and requirements for studying law at UNIBEN.
Cut-off Mark for Studying Law at UNIBEN
The cut-off mark for studying law at UNIBEN varies from year to year, depending on the number of applicants and the available slots in the faculty. In recent years, the cut-off mark for studying law at UNIBEN has been around 240 to 250 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
It is important to note that the cut-off mark is not the only requirement for studying law at UNIBEN. Applicants must also meet the other requirements, which we will discuss in the next section.
Requirements for Studying Law at UNIBEN
- UTME Requirements: To be eligible to study law at UNIBEN, candidates must have scored a minimum of 240 in the UTME examination. They must also have chosen UNIBEN as their first choice institution during the UTME registration process.
- O’Level Requirements: In addition to the UTME requirements, candidates must also have at least five O’Level credits, including English Language, Mathematics, Literature-in-English, and any two other relevant subjects. The O’Level result must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Post-UTME Screening: Candidates who meet the UTME and O’Level requirements are required to participate in the UNIBEN Post-UTME screening exercise. The screening exercise is usually computer-based and consists of questions from the candidate’s chosen subjects.
- Direct Entry Requirements: Candidates who wish to gain admission to study law at UNIBEN through Direct Entry (DE) must have at least two A-Level passes or its equivalent in relevant subjects, including Literature-in-English. They must also have five O’Level credits, including English Language, Mathematics, Literature-in-English, and any two other relevant subjects.
- Age Requirement: Candidates who wish to study law at UNIBEN must not be less than 16 years of age by October 31st of the year they are seeking admission.
- Other Requirements: Candidates are also required to have a good character, and they must not have been convicted of any criminal offense.
Studying law at UNIBEN is a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to pursue a career in the legal profession. However, it is important to note that meeting the cut-off mark is not enough to gain admission to study law at UNIBEN. Candidates must also meet the other requirements, including the O’Level requirements, post-UTME screening, and age requirement.
In addition to meeting these requirements, candidates must also be prepared to work hard and dedicate themselves to their studies. Studying law is a challenging and demanding course, and it requires a lot of dedication and hard work. However, with the right mindset and determination, anyone can succeed in studying law at UNIBEN and go on to have a successful career in the legal profession.
Leave a Reply